Sunday, June 24, 2018

An Interview With a Man Called Jesus

Did Jesus know everything?
The teachings of Jesus are all we need to know.
Some people question the teachings of Jesus and want to know if Jesus actually knew everything. The only way to know whether or not Jesus actually knew everything would be to ask him, so we are going to bring Jesus back to earth for just a few minutes and have Scott Pelley interview him on a special edition of "60 Minutes" we will call - "The Man Jesus - Did He Know Everything?"

As the show opens, Scott Pelley and Jesus are sitting in chairs facing each other, in front of a large picture of the earth and the interview begins.

Scott Pelley:
Jesus, when you walked among the people of this earth in human form, were you ever lonely?
Jesus:
My child, just as you have set yourself apart from the rest of the world and have made yourself different, during the time when I walked this earth, I also was different. Many of my disciples left me and I spent a lot of time alone in the desert or in the Mount of Olives where I often prayed to my father. There were many who could not understand my teachings and that often troubled me. So, yes, just like you I spent much time in loneliness.
Scott Pelley:
Were there ever times when you grew angry?
Jesus:
As I have always tried to teach, in your anger, do not sin and never let the sun go down on your anger. Anger when directed toward a common good, is not sin, but anger which allows us to do evil things is sin. Mr Pelley, when you get angry about things happening in this world today and allow that anger to correct some wrongdoing or promote harmony among the people, this is pleasing to me. When men commit evil acts against their wives or their children or to one another, these are things that I must judge according to the teachings of my father. Some would say I grew angry when I turned over the tables in the temple, so be it.
Scott Pelley:
Jesus, the Bible teaches us that you actually cooked for your disciples, is this true?
Jesus:
There was a time when my children had no meat and couldn't catch any fish and I spoke to them about the place to cast their nets. I had built a fire by the sea and when the nets were full, I asked them to bring their catch to me and I saith to them, come and dine.
Scott Pelley:
What was it like to fast for forty days and forty nights?
Jesus:
The devil laid many temptations before my feet and the hunger and thirst were great, but my faith and my father were greater.
Scott Pelley:
Even though it was your father's plan for you to die for all of us, did you every worry or become afraid?
Jesus:
My child, in human form, I was no different than you. There were times when I asked my father to save me from this hour and at times I became troubled. By the guidance of a loving heavenly father, my eyes were always made to see more clearly and understand my purpose.
Scott Pelley:
People say that you were a compassionate person, are they right?
Jesus:
In traveling around this land, the crowds always were like sheep without a shepherd, so I began teaching them many things that were given to me by my father.
Scott Pelley:
You always loved all people, how could you love someone who hated you?
Jesus:
I have always tried to teach my children to love one another for that is the greatest gift and that is why my father sent me.
Scott Pelley:
There are many who do not believe in you today, what can we do to help them?
Jesus:
We must love our neighbors as ourselves, teach them to pray and do that which we can to keep them from false doctrines. The sins of this world trouble me greatly at this very hour for there are those among the people who would hate and curse God. I would only say to the people, there is only one true God and one father and it is he who sent me. No man will come to the father but by me.
Scott Pelley:
Jesus, we are running out of time and I know your being here is only temporary for now, but I have one final question. Our world today is full of hatred, discord and violence, so what can Christians do to make this world a better place?
Jesus:
My child, I spent my entire life here on earth in teaching people how to live their lives. Some would listen and some would not. I suffered much pain, hunger and thirst and carried all your sins to a cross on Calvary's hill as my father had promised you. The sins of the world are many and your eyes must be opened to the light, which I have given you. When the people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven. I will forgive their sins and I will heal their land.
Scott Pelley:
Well, we have certainly learned a lot more about this man called Jesus tonight. As far as finding out whether or not Jesus actually knew everything, I'm not sure we accomplished that here tonight, but we do know that Jesus knew most of the things that should be important to our nation today, like love, honor, compassion and respect. For those of us who believe in him, our faith is only made stronger and for those who do not, the truth will be revealed to all of us when Jesus returns for his final appearance.
Good night.

Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn, Google+, and Pinterest.

Other Spiritual Living Articles

Jesus the way to salvation
The Bible as a textbook in schools
Heroes from the Bible